Amazon Sellers’ News Today: Late Shipments Harming the Customer Experience Causing Amazon Account Deactivation For Sellers
Late shipments are sinking Amazon accounts.
So late shipments are one of those things that harm the consumer experience; and if we know anything about Amazon, Amazon is consumer-centric. So what can you possibly do?
If you are fulfilled by merchant, extend the shipping time. You want to underpromise and overdeliver.
Now, let’s say it’s too late. Let’s say your account is suspended. Let’s say your best ASIN is down or another product that you’re making good money on because of late shipments… this is something you might want to argue in a concise, persuasive, well-written plan of action.
That going forward, you’re going to extend the shipment time so that you make sure that Amazon’s consumers are underpromised and over delivered, that you not only increase your customer’s experience, but Amazon’s consumers will be able to rest assured knowing that their product is going to arrive earlier than promised rather than later than promised.
If you want to learn more about Amazon account deactivation, ODR rates, late shipments, tracking issues, inauthentic: the bane of every seller’s existence, the awful suspension…. Speak with me one-on-one, just get me on the phone and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
CALL US 1-877-9-SELLER FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Looking for more info. on late shipments? Look no further:
- Tips for Avoiding Amazon Shipment Suspensions
- eComm Market Boom Causing Late Shipments – Suspending Seller Fulfilled Prime Privileges
- Amazon Seller Suspended: Shopify Software Caused Late Shipments
- Getting a Late Shipping Suspension Selling on Amazon.com
- Reinstatement on Amazon for Late Shipping Suspensions
- Third Party Courier Caused Late Shipment Suspension